Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tylenol is my new friend

Well, I took my last pain pill this morning - its shocking how much it hurts without one in my system. I haven't been off the couch much the past week and have only been out of my pajama's once when I went to church. I shower each night and then put clean pajamas on and spend the day in bed or on the couch. It gets old after a while truthfully.

Once I received the call from the doctor that it was melanoma - I allowed satan to consume and occupy my mind. I couldn't pray, didn't want to pray actually. I just felt comfortable with being Debbie Downer and not doing anything. I went about 3 days without eating, my sleep cycle is still messed up. I had been having to get up during the night to take a pain pill because of the throbbing. So, I'd be up for an hour or two waiting for it to kick in.

I have only been getting up and doing things around the house for about 15-20 minutes at a time - once in the morning and then again in the evening. Its amazing how much my foot will swell by doing this. I keep my foot elevated constantly but eventually I'm going to have to walk on it without it swelling.

I'm dying and itching to go to the gym and at least work abs and upper body. Its killing me to eat and not go to the gym and know being on the stairmaster will be burning off the meal I jusst ate and also the meal I would be eating next. Healing comes first though - right?

That's the latest. Tomorrow is one week post op. I can't say its any better honestly but I guess I didn't know what to expect though.

No comments: