Friday, February 19, 2010

Finally Over!

The surgery is finally over! Yeah. The pain has been worse than anticipated but so has the incision - almost 5 inches! The actual mole was about the size of an eraser head but the surgeon chose to go aggressively due to family history of melanoma as well as closeness to veins/blood supply and spreading. I'm fine with that!

I really stressed so much in the weeks leading up to the surgery but it really allowed some learning on my part. I learned how awesome of a group of friends I have. My friends stepped up to the plate big time - Merran, Carli, Kris were amazing in offering assistance with taking care of me and the kids. I will remember them and will be forever greatful for their kindness. My bible study ladies - at the end of bible study Wednesday on the day of the surgery - they each prayed for me. Talk about humbling. In the midst of the group were 3 cancer survivors as well as a friend who lost her husband to cancer a couple years ago. I left that room feeling loved and blessed.

I woke up pretty early on the day of the surgery - 5:30 ish and just felt the anxiety rising. I posted on facebook asking for prayers for peace and clear pathology. Within minutes - prayer warriers immediately began praying. Its hard to talk about because I've been shunning God for such a long time lately and have just let the devil consume my mind - but asking for the prayers for peace and knowing the people responding were actually praying - corny to non-believers - but literally immediately peace was felt.

I got anxious waiting for the surgeon and during the initial description of the process but this guy is smart and like I said in a few post pasts - I know God led this surgeon to me. Too much to explain at the moment as I need to be laying down with my foot propped - but it was a basic, good, swift kick in the pants that Gods timing is perfect. Enough said!

More later - off to relax and ice. Lots of movies have been watched the last two days. Its kinda nice being lazy - well, kinda. lol

No comments: