Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Who Knew?

Who knew you could have almost daily/weekly struggles with Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome 11 years after an attack and how it can change you.

I went back to my Psych Nurse Practictioner and she got out her little handy dandy notebook and read word for word to me. I was glad to have an answer for how I was feeling but down right pissed off no one bothered to address it before. Some of the comments were isolation - I stay isolated or like to stay isolated. Unwillingness to accept love - that one took a long time to break through with but I still have the comments I make of feeling i'm not worthy of the love from the people around me. She said that even when Steve works nights it triggers it. Nice - huh? Being married to a chef who works nights - but Im on the right med so I should be gold to go.

End of story - she tweaked meds just a bit. Will start weaning in 6 months after the holidays of a med that my family Dr. put me on that probably isn't doing anything but she's pleased with how things are going!

No comments: