Monday, July 20, 2009

The Good Life

Life has been pretty good lately. Nothing major going on, just lots of small things to keep us busy. Last night and tonight Steve and the girls have camped out in the back yard in a tent. I've camped inside - in our high thread count sheets. Believe me - they are much happier with me NOT being out there. LOL They build a fire in the fire pit, roast marshmellows, make smores and they said they sat around the fire last night and told stories. They did take the portable DVD player out there with them so they aren't roughing it too much.

Tonight we went to an Indianapolis Indians minor league baseball game. It was the first baseball game for the girls and the first time I've been to a baseball game in quite a while. They had 10 innings listed on the score board so I don't know if they started playing more innings than before. I thought there use to be only 7??? Maybe for overtime or whatever they do in baseball?? Kris and Dan and Lexi also were there and Steve and the girls walked over and talked with them for a bit and then when we were leaving Kris and Dan and their nephew Nolan came and chatted with us. Kris and Dan are so sweet together - and Nolan - ahhh, I might want to have another baby if it turned out as sweet and cute as that little guy. We left after 5 or 6 innings - but it was fun.

Tomorrow we get our piano. Steve and Dan are driving about 30 minutes away to load it and bring it home - Bella starts piano next week so we are excited to get the show on the road. I'm ready to just have a piano in the house. We got a great deal on one - bought it off of craigslist for only $300 - it is just an oak upright piano. I of course wanted a concert pianist baby grand Steinway - but champagne taste on a beer budget - so compromise it was. :) Hopefully, in a couple years we will upgrade to a nicer upright (mahogany or black is what I'd like) and then a few years down the road a black baby grand. These girls better love playing - LOL. Although they are going to be doing it whether they love it or not. There aren't too many adults that you meet that don't wish they knew how to play the piano.

We started a small group with 3 other couples in the church. We met for the first time on Sunday. I have good, good feelings about the group and the bible study and fellowship we will be doing. The other couples all have children that are the same age as Isabella and Ava so it works out great. We are going to start meeting at one house and dropping the kids off at another house so we don't have constant interruptions. We had a babysitter last week but the kids still came in and out a lot. Next Sunday we are going to have the kids and babysitter at our house and we'll meet at another couples house a mile away.

Sunday is Ava's birthday. She'll be 4. I can't believe it. I'd like to say it's flown by but truthfully, it's been a looong 4 years. God love Ava - she's such a stinker and constantly keeps us laughing one minute and pulling our hair out the next. She is such a blessing to us though!

Mark and Amy and the kids have been on vacation this week so it's been lonely without them around. They come home in a couple days - so I'll be glad to see them and the girls will be super glad to see Jack again.

Steve and I have really started focusing on cardio for the past 2 weeks. We are up to 45 minutes now and we are pretty hard core. I'm not a sweater really - but man, oh man. I am soaked at the end of the workout. My legs are spent and like rubber for the remainder of the day - but it releases those endorphins and just makes you feel great. I better be shedding some pounds or else the endorphins better make me feel really, really, really good.

I thought my mom and I and the girls were going to be able to go over and visit with my Uncle Dave and Aunt Barb this weekend but it didn't work out with Moms schedule. Hopefully we'll get over there in a couple weeks. It really has been an eye opener to me that we shouldn't wait until someone gets sick in order to go visit those we love.

So, that's the last few days recap. Nothing major - but lots of little things.

I'll post pictures of the camp out (I gave the camera to Isabella last night) and of Ava's birthday in a few days. When I asked her what she wanted she told me a scooter, some Barbie thing for the bathtub (I took pictures of it with my cell phone for when I go back) but then she said she didn't care what she got - she just wanted "lots of presents". Typical.

Love to all!!!

No comments: