Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dinner With Friends

Last night we went out to dinner with our friends and neighbors Mark and Amy and Dan and Kris. We went to a place called Bonge's Tavern. It is in the middle of nowhere, has about 10 tables and besides the awesome, fabulous tasting food their claim to fame is the tailgating that takes place in the parking lot as you wait for your table.

We went on a Wednesday night at 7:00 and had a 90 minute wait. Kris and Dan had brought a bottle of wine just in case we did have to wait - thank goodness because we sure did enjoy it. The wait was actually quite pleasant. They had some benches and chairs sitting outside so we sat down, drank two bottles of wine (we had to buy another from the restaurant. Well, actually Mark and Amy bought it - thanks guys!) and talked, laughed, talked some more and laughed some more. It was a great time.

Once we were seated I open my purse to put my sunglasses in it and this is what I see in there...
a pair of Ava's panties!!!!!!!!! Now, if that doesn't make you feel like a Mom, I don't know what will. LOL I forgot I had them in there from Monday night. We went over to some friends house and the girls were playing outside with a slip and slide and having water gun fights so they wore their swimsuits there and I brought them some panties in case they wanted to change out of their swimsuits...and obviously, Ava stayed in her swimsuit the entire time - hence the Cinderella panties in my purse. (I couldn't get a good picture with the flash on so I had to take it with it off and thats why the pic is so dark.)

Here is my handsome husband sitting out in the parking lot enjoy a great conversation.

Lovebirds - Mark and Amy. They are so sweet together and love each other so much. It is great to be around them.

Me with Amy and Kris outside.

Kris and her *friend* Dan. (inside joke - they are in a serious relationship - Amy and I practically had their wedding planned for them by the end of the night).

A crooked shot of Steve and I.

A straight foreward picture - although I like the crooked one better of us.

Another of us girls without Kris wearing her Naughty Teacher reading glasses.
Steve and Mark.
Not the best picture of me because I have a shiny face from sweat and deer in the headlight looking eyes but it shows - no deep furrow lines or deep lines on my forehead thanks to Botox! LOL
Steve showing his utter disappointment with the Colts helmet on the bottle of ketchup. I don't understand why every restaurant in Indiana wouldn't want to put Dallas Cowboy logos all over their product.
The whole gang just as our meal arrived.

Amy laughing at how small my feet are so she put her foot in my shoe to show the difference in size from her foot and mine. I don't know what I'm laughing about in the background. LOL
At the end of the night - my feet were tired from wearing the almost 4 inch heals for hours so I asked Steve if he would carry me over the gravel outside. Amy decided she wanted to give me a piggy back ride - of course I didn't turn her down. LOL *Disclaimer: all patrons had already left for the evening - we were the only ones left in the restaurant.*
We had such a great time that we vowed we were going to go out once a month as a group and try different restaurants. Next month we are hitting up a new Mexican place Kris and Dan have been to and said was great. Already looking forward to it.

No comments: