Saturday, November 15, 2008

My crazy kids

The girls have been playing together so nicely all day today. They were upstairs in the loft and I was downstairs on the couch reading. They started arguing and it was so funny I couldn't do anything but laugh - and then quickly grab a piece of paper to write it all down.

Here is a play by play...

Small bickering starting between the two of them.

Ava: Isabella - you making me angy (instead of angry).

Isabella: I don't want to play with you anymore.

***toys being shuffled around***

Ava: Stop laughing at me!

SMACK! (I already know who was on the receiving end).

Isabella : Mom! Ava hit me.

Ava: You were laughing at me.

Me: Isabella, you were antagonizing your sister.

Isabella: Ava, you are a meanie.

Ava: Mom, Isabella said I'm a meanie.

Me: Well, you did smack her.

They proceed to go back and forth with each other - you did this, you said this. More laughing, teasing coming from Isabella. I even think Ava might have slapped her again during all of this but Isabella didn't tell on her for the 2nd one.

Ava: Be quiet. It's my turn to talk.

Isabella: I'm done with you Ava. BOOM - Isabella bedroom door shuts.

Ava: FINE! Go take a bath you stinky butt. BOOM -Ava's bedroom door shuts.

Me: Laughing so hard I'm shaking and have tears streaming down my face and realize yet again, why I will never win Mother of the Year.

No comments: