Thursday, January 22, 2009

Finally Semi-Productive

I tell you what - this cold weather has caused me to have ZERO motivation around the house. It's no secret I'm not a fan of cooking since having 2 kids - I actually use to be a pretty decent cook when it was just me, Steve and Isabella - but throwing Ava into the mix has sent me over the edge. I despise cooking, despise going to the grocery store - just anything involved with the whole process and I'm not a fan! LOL Thank goodness I'm married to a chef right? We'd probably starve otherwise.

So, today I made a chocolate cake (ok, it was Betty Crocker) but I made buttercream icing from scratch - a first for me. Hopefully Steve likes his birthday cake - he's turning 38 years old tomorrow!!! Oh my goodness! My mom and my aunt sent him birthday cards that arrived today so I have them sitting in front of the cake stand. We will be eating cake for breakfast tomorrow because he has to work in the evening.

I also made black bean soup and I must say - it was quite tasty. No opening the cans for me. I did the whole thing from scratch - didn't even follow a recipe. LOL AND - I made the kids bbq drum sticks. They love these things. me - not so much because I don't like dark meat (chicken that is - LOL) but the girls will eat a couple at dinner.

Also, I'm doing great with my new years resolution - skin care 2009. I bought this Alpha Beta Daily Facial Peel when I got my last facial and it seems to be doing wonders. My face is looking pretty darn good skincare wise. And, I'm also using my $120 bottle of Vitamin C serum I bought over the summer and I guess the combination of the two expensive products are helping the anti-aging process. Or - I'm crazy. LOL

No comments: